Wednesday 22 May 2013

Joyce DiDonato - wonderful blog and videos

I'm probably preaching to the converted here, as I guess most people reading this are opera singers, but if you're one of the few who isn't, or a singer who has had their head in the sand for the last few years, I really cannot recommend american mezzo Joyce DiDonato's blog highly enough. It is full of nuggets of gold for aspiring professionals, and she is wonderfully generous with her advice. I think she also provides a very interesting look into the world of top international singing for anyone curious to know what it's all about.

Check out her blog here:
http://www.joycedidonato.com/blog-archive/

Sometimes professionals in our industry like to shroud what they do in mystery to maintain a perceived advantage over the competition, but DiDonata shines like a beacon with her humility, humanity and generosity. She has also put out a string of little video blogs which can be found on YouTube. She posts videos as The YankeeDiva so look her up. 

This is one of my favourites, on breath 'support':


I'm a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment